Sunday, January 22, 2012

Who My God Is and How This Affects Me



My God knows exactly what He is doing, has done, and will do.

My God does not limit His work to my understanding. My God (though not the author of sin) has power over evil itself ~ the devil must ask Him permission to do anything! (Job 1; Is. 45:7) My God is at the same time fully good and unable to sin. Sin cannot so much as stand in His presence (Ps. 130:3). My God ~ knowing that I can do nothing good on my own ~ commands me to be holy as He is holy (Lev. 20:7). This command has to do with every part of my life ~ how I treat others (believers & unbelievers); how I spend my time; how I use my abilities; how I talk, dress, and act. Obedience? Only by the complete control of the Holy Spirit.

"Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved" (Eph. 1:5,6).

He calls me to obey this command [be ye holy] not as a means to grace and the gift of eternal life (attained only through Jesus' blood) but as a result of His gracious gift. He made me for the purpose of being a living testimony of His love to all I meet.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them" (Eph. 2:8-10).

My God gives me all that I need to obey Him.

"his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness..." (2 Pet. 1:3)

My God is always the same and has the same plan from beginning to end.

He is worthy of my complete trust ~ the acknowledgement of my utter dependence on Him.

My God is the only One worth living for.

No comments:

Post a Comment